If you are the owner of a retail shop then you’ll be more than aware of the challenges that come with running this type of business. Even with the best of staff and total care and attention, it is impossible to predict when an accident might happen. This is why it is important to protect your business with retail shop insurance.
Without adequate retail shop insurance, you have a business that is tremendously exposed to risk. For instance, were a customer to become injured whilst on your premises, subsequently make a claim, as a consequence, then your business would have to cover the cost of legal fees and compensation. Similarly, an injured member of staff could seek damages, were such an incident to occur.
Then there is the necessity to protect your business assets: your premises and your stock. Without retail shop insurance, your business is vulnerable against a whole host of unexpected incidents including accidental damage, theft, vandalism, fire and flooding.
What is covered by a retail insurance policy
A comprehensive retail shop insurance is an absolute necessity. In order to be fully covered, your policy will need to incorporate several separate types of insurance
- Employer’s liability insurance – to cover any damages, legal costs and expenses, should an employee get injured.
- Public liability insurance – to cover any damages, legal costs and expenses in the event of a customer getting injured or their property getting stolen/damaged.
- Business contents insurance – to cover against the theft/damage of your business’ contents.
- Product liability insurance – to cover any damages, legal costs and expenses in the event of customer illness/death because of your products and/or services.
- Loss of income insurance – to cover any loss of income that occurs whilst waiting for an insurance payout.
The need for so many differing types of cover is a strong indicator of just how susceptible to risk a retail shop is. This is why it is so important to get things exactly right when it comes to cover.
Perfect Products Combined with Top Customer Service
When it comes to retail shop insurance, a ‘one size fits all’ approach is never advisable. Too little cover and you’re at risk, too much cover and you’re paying over the odds. At shopinsurance.co.uk you can we tailor your policy to your exact requirements and in doing you are sure that the premium charged represents outstanding value.
And all our products are backed up by our outstanding customer service.
Our representatives are always contactable to assist and advise you – Monday – Friday 9:00 – 17:00 or email us your question to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will get back to you Monday – Friday 9:00 – 17:00 To find out more, call us today on 0121-628 9494.