The responsibility of owning and running a newsagents amounts to a great deal more than simply ordering stock and serving customers. This is reflected in the diverse range of insurance types that make up a typical newsagents insurance policy.
Like any business that invites members of the public into its premises, there is always the risk of an accident occurring, and that one of your customers might get hurt – or a member of staff. Without insurance, it would be down to your business to pay for this. The average newsagents would struggle to pay for the legal fees and compensation associated with a liability claim, so insurance is essential.
You also need to protect your business against any damage that might occur to your premises and/or your stock, whether through vandalism, burglary, fire damage or any other unforeseen calamity that can beset newsagents. With so many vulnerabilities, the right insurance package is a matter of the utmost importance.
The High-level Cover that Your Newsagents Requires
Newsagents insurance is essentially a hybrid of several types of insurance:
- Employer’s liability insurance – to cover any damages, legal costs and expenses, should an employee get injured.
- Public liability insurance – to cover any damages, legal costs and expenses in the event of a customer getting injured or their property getting stolen/damaged.
- Business contents insurance – to cover against the theft/damage of your business’ contents.
- Product liability insurance – to cover any damages, legal costs and expenses in the event of customer illness/death because of products sold on your premises.
- Loss of income insurance – to cover any loss of income that occurs whilst waiting for an insurance payout.
The multiple facets of insurance required, is a measure of how at risk a newsagents is – more so than most types of business. For your peace of mind, as the proprietor of a newsagent, it is essential that you protect your business and your livelihood with the right cover.
Perfect Products Combined with Top Customer Service
When it comes to newsagents insurance, a ‘one size fits all’ approach is never advisable. Too little cover and you’re at risk, too much cover and you’re paying over the odds. At shopinsurance.co.uk you can we tailor your policy to your exact requirements and in doing you are sure that the premium charged represents outstanding value.
And all our products are backed up by our outstanding customer service.
Our representatives are always contactable to assist and advise you – Monday – Friday 9:00 – 17:00 or email us your question to email@example.com and we will get back to you Monday – Friday 9:00 – 17:00 To find out more, call us today on 0121-628 9494.